tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Aug 04 08:06:04 1997

that man

muHwI' asks:

mu'tlhegh (Who is this man?) vIjatlh vIneHchugh, nuq vIjatlh

First, I am not the Beginner's Grammarian.  To get answers from him, put KLBC
in your subject line.  SuStel is there to help.

Next, I could not resist.

The answer to your question is:  'Iv ghaH loDvam'e'

Let's look at each part of this sentence.  'Iv ghaH means "Who is he?"  Then,
we add loDvam'e' which translates as "Referring to this man,".  The Noun
Suffix Type 5 {-'e'} is necessary when making sentences which say X is Y.

Finally, your question was worded very well in Klingon.  I have just one more
suggestion.  Instead of writing {nuq vIjatlh}, try {chay' vIjatlh}.  Sure,
{nuq} means "what", just the way we say things in English.  But, {chay'}
means "how", "in what way".  The concept you propose here, according to my
understanding, is:  "How do I say.......?"

batlh yIghojtaH jaj
peHruS

Back to archive top level