tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Aug 03 12:25:29 1997

Re: paghmo' tIn mIS.

In a message dated 97-07-17 22:46:22 EDT, Thaddeus Vick tells Lieven:

<< > I just (tried to) read "paghmo' tIn mIS",
 > the klingon version of "Much about nothing" (translated 1994 by the KLI,
Nick
 > Nicholas)
 >
 > In section 3.3. I noticed some letters capitalized that are usually not
 > capitalized. What gives?
 > (V: QaQMej. QaQMe'Mejchugh, NIvMa' ghotvam. ej Matschaj yaHlu'.)

      My guess is, it's a typo.  Ignore it.

Wrong!!!  This is an indication in Hamlet and re-used here that the speakers
are using a Cockney dialect.  The capital "M"s are read as if they were half
"M", half "B".   Furthermore, to read the text clearly, replace the "M"s with
"b".  The capital "N" has a nasal effect but is not "ng".  The consonant
cluster "ts" is pronounced just like the Mandarin "ts", and it represents the
tlhIngan Hol "tlh".

Hope this helps.

peHruS

Back to archive top level