tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Aug 03 10:22:50 1997

Re: DaH qep'a' vIghoS

In a message dated 97-07-16 09:24:09 EDT, Dr Schoen writes:

<< DaH qep'a' vIghoS >>

As a proponent of using verbs of motion with direct objects instead of
locatives and no-object verb prefixes, I like your subject line.

I even have one more bullet.  TKD p178 begins with <mIch 'elpu' jay'>.  This
is pure evidence that MO considers <'el> capable of taking a direct object!

As I am writing this after returning from the qep'a' loSDIch, I have already
winced at the two games' lines we used there:  Qo'noSDaq jIchegh DI', ......
and juHwIj pa'Daq 'el HoSDo' 'ej ......  Obviously, I would have preferred
Qo'noS vIcheghDI', ..... and juHwIj pa' 'el HoSDo' 'ej ......

OTOH, when I personally asked MO at the Cabaret Saturday evening, he answered
that he would not answer clearly at this time.  So, MO has allowed this
discussion to continue with bullets available on both sides.

peHruS

Back to archive top level