tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Aug 01 15:15:00 1997

Re: Language jokes show English speaking bias...

Susan Farmer wrote:

> Pardon if this was answered, but I didn't see it.  Is anybody collecting
> a list of the jokes/puns/etc that we've discovered?

I don't know if anyone answered generally either, but I can give you
*my* answer.

I have all jokes that *I* know about flagged as such in my Annotated
Klingon Dictionary.  It's been a while since I counted them, and I need
to add a few post-qep'a' words.  Some of the entries flagged as "jokes"
are speculation on my part - but words like {'oy'}, {'awje'}, {mIQ}, and
{vegh} are obvious in context.

For instance, I just counted 13 definite jokes of various flavors in
charghwI's New Words list.

One reason many of us live in fear is, we don't know *what* MO will
throw at us in the new book!
--
Qob la' (tlh.w.D. quttaj ra'wI')       [email protected]
tlhIngan Hol yejHaD ghojwI'            http://www.frontiernet.net/~qob/

Back to archive top level