tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Apr 26 14:19:55 1997

Re: Problem'a''a'!!!

qoror worries:
> |	qoror here.  I just realized a huge problem with tlhIngan Hol.  You
> | all know that when there's a new Emperor, his dialect becomes the
> | "official" one.
> | But, as everyone knows, the clone of Kahless the Unforgetable
> | (tlhIHDaq qa'Daj yInjaj!) was recently declared Emperor.  Logically,
> | this means that we're about to have to revert to a dialect of
> | centuries past!  Help!!!

Voragh reassures:
> Not to worry. Apparently during the memory implant the clone was programmed
> with the current dialect as no one had any difficulty in understanding him
> -- including the Universal Translator aboard the Enterprise. It would have
> been nice, though, if someone (Gowron perhaps) had wondered about this.

My own little thoery was, that, as at the time we got our first lessons
in Klingon, there was no emperor, they probably switched to the "classical"
dialect of Kahless.
So, no wonder, modern Klingons can understand the clone, and we actually
learned that "dialect of centuries past" in the first place...

(of course none of this is TRUE or FALSE)

HomDoq

Back to archive top level