tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Apr 20 16:31:58 1997

RE: KLBC: Re: SopDaq

On Thursday, April 17, 1997 5:57 AM, [email protected] on behalf of Diego
'Mago' De Miguel wrote:

> bIlugh. rar *Spanish* *Italian* je.
> (You're right. Spanish and Italian are connected.)

{rar} is not "be connected," it's "connect."  I don't like using {rarchuq},
because that means "connect each other."  Perhaps {*Spanish* *Italian* je
rarlu'} "one connects Spanish and Italian."

Maybe you could toy with the idea of {Hol ghom} or {Hol qorDu'}, though you
are getting into metaphores.

> *Spanish* jIH.
> (I am Spanish)

This actually says "I am a Spanish."  No, you're a Spaniard, an inhabitant of
Spain.

*Spain*-ngan jIH.

> QIt majatlhchugh *Italy*ngan vIyaj
> (I can understand an Italian if we speak slowly)
>
> bIQ'a' luSum cha' Hatlhmaj
> (Our two countries are close to the sea)

As pointed out in another post, {Hatlh} may not be the correct word here, as
it means "countryside."  Maybe {wo'}, depending on its exact meaning, maybe
something else.

> vaj raplaw' *Italy* *Spain* je rewbe'pu'
> (so Spanish and Italian people are roughly the same)
> [I mean we have more or less the same mood... but that's the best
> translation I've been able to do!]

I'm not quite sure what you mean by having the same mood.

raplaw' tIqDu'maj
Our hearts are probably the same.

--
SuStel