tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Apr 16 18:06:59 1997

RE: KLBC: Re: What is:

On Wednesday, April 16, 1997 3:48 AM, [email protected] on behalf of Diego
'Mago' De Miguel wrote:

> >         ghItlhmey vIlaD vInIDtaH 'ach mu'meyvam vImughlaHbe'
> >
> >         I was trying to read some msgs but I couldn't translate these
words:

> I may be wrong, but isn't <jabI'IDmey> more appropiate for Messages than
> <ghItlhmey>? After all, you don't write anything by hand! (well, in a
> way...)

Was the first message not sent to the list?  I never saw it.

{ghItlh} is simply "manuscript."  It doesn't say it has to be written, I think
that it can be any form, even electronic.  After all, the verb {ghItlh} can
refer to any markings, not just writing.

> >         bIQ'a' means ocean?
>
> I think so.

Yes, it does.

--