tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Apr 11 09:24:31 1997

Re: KLBC

>Date: Mon, 7 Apr 1997 18:40:34 -0700 (PDT)
>From: Steven Boozer <[email protected]>
>
>|> The actual term "KLBC" is an acronym for Klingon Language Beginner's
>|> C????, because nobody really remembers what the C???? is!
>|
>|Hmmm, I always thought it was Klingon Language Beginner's Corner
>
>This comes up fairly regularly. Isn't it time we considered another subject
>tag for the Beginner's Grammarian -- "BG" for example?

Uh, why?  The KLBC tag is pretty widely recognized and in very wide use,
and well-entrenched in our archives.  What difference does it make if we're
not completely sure what the C stands for anymore?  The abbreviation could
have been XXKLW: for all the difference it makes: it's recognized and
people use it.  Why change what works?

~mark

Back to archive top level