tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Apr 09 07:08:46 1997

Re: tlgingan food, etc.

Message text written by Jim LeMaster
>I used Dr. Seuss's "Roast Beast", "Leg of Targ", etc., and the
>ubiquitous "serpent worms" ( which were all mentioned in either
>TKD or PK), but was at a loss for any fruits, vegetables, or
>starches (noodles, 'potatoes', etc.).

You can find all the typically Klingon food items by going through TKD 5.4, or,
if you don't have it, at the New Words list, at
		.

There are some others in the Addendum.  Then, here are some food items that are
*not* typically Klingon:

chab		    pie (or dumpling?)
HaQchor 	    	    saccharine
Hurgh		    pickle (cucumber)
naH 		    fruit
naHlet 		    nuts
qagh 		    serpent worms
chech		    ice

These are all scattered around in TKD itself.  (By the way, credit to Voragh.
He made this list in a reply to the thing you're replying to; I copied this from
his message because I was too lazy to go through TKD myself.)
He mentions that <chech> isn't used by Klingons (at least he implies that, and,
given Klingon culture, that sounds right), but if you're doing a menu, it should
probably be in there.

By the way, PK just came, and I got an idea.  If <ro'qegh'Iwchab HInob> is a way
to indicate that you're familiar with the official dialect, then maybe <chab> is
one of those words, like <forehead,> that varies among different dialects.  It
sounds like the type of word that would.
Qapla' (QaQjaj Do'lIj, Jim)
qoror

Back to archive top level