tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Apr 08 21:18:13 1997

RE: KLBC: Need Help

On Sunday, April 06, 1997 11:50 PM, [email protected] on behalf of Atlan
Irknium (Benoit Houle) wrote:

> Answer Them With a Question
>
> Yu'vam ChaH jang'Ma

This really doesn't work.  Let's see . . .

The word {yu'} is a verb.  It is not a noun.  No amount of wishing will make
it a noun.  You must find a way to say it using the verb.

I honestly don't know what you mean by "jang'Ma."  It's not anything.  Also,
you've got no prefixes on anything.  Do you want me to give you my version of
this?  Here it comes:

chaH DajangmeH tIyu'.
In order to answer them, question them.

This is a purpose clause, {chaH DajangmeH} "in order that you answer them,"
and the main sentence, {tIyu'} "question them!"

--
SuStel
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level