tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Apr 05 11:03:02 1997

use of "tu'lu'"

	qoror here.  I just thought of something.  As a lot of you know from the
now-terminated string entitled "tu'lu' with plurals," there are a lot of
canonical sources suggesting that "tu'lu'" has evolved into a separate
construction, and if you decide to go with that, then things like "puqpu'
tu'lu'" and, maybe, "puqpu' tu'lu'be'" are permissible.  (The second is just
conjecture; the first is canon.)  But if you don't want to technically be
ungrammatical and simply regard it as "tu'" with "-lu'," than you'd have to do
"puqpu' lutu'lu'" and "puqpu' tu'be'lu'."
	Right now I'm not going to offer any opinions, but I realized something.
Depending on the way you look at it, there are *two* ways of writing "There are
Klingons around here:"
	"naDev tlhInganpu' tu'lu'"
	pagh
	"naDev tlhIngan lutu'lu."