tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Apr 02 11:47:11 1997

Re: DaHar Master

>Date: Wed, 2 Apr 1997 08:15:05 -0800 (PST)
>From: [email protected]
>
>>From my research and the input from contributers on the KLI listserv, I think
>I've come up with a preliminary, and much better, definition of DaHar Master
>and it's role in Klingon society
>
>DaHar Master (daHar pIn'a') (pronounced dah-HAWRR pind-AW)

Why "AW", BTW?

Also, though I don't know the correct answer yet, I think Okrand didn't
mean "pIn'a'" for "Master" in this sense.  pIn'a' is from pIn/boss, and
this is "Master" as in one who is knowledgeable in a field.  He mentioned
once, I think, that he's looking for a better term for this meaning.  He
may come out with one soon.

~mark

Back to archive top level