tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Sep 28 15:43:44 1996

(KLBC) Re: Klingonaase

At 03:02 PM 9/5/96 -0700, Dark Viper wrote:
>At 05:59 AM 9/5/96 -0700, Donald E. Vick wrote:
>>wanI'vam qaSjajqu'!
>>tlhIngan tayqeq taghlu'chugh jImuvbej
>>taHjaj wo'!
>
>jIghIjbej qaSta'chugh. :\

"If it has intentionally occurred, then I certainly scare."  Who/what do you
scare?  The Klingon culture proscibes saying that you are afraid, so we do
not have many ways to express it.  Perhaps you can get around it this way:

        mughIjbej ghu'vam qaSta'chugh.
        "If it has intentionally ocurred, this situation scares me".

>yuQDaq chIm qaSta'chugh, vaj jIghIjbe' 'ej yuQDaq "tlhIngan" jIyIn.

"If it has intentioally occurred it deserts to the planet, then I do not
scare and I live "Klingon" on the planet".

Same comment about <ghIj> here.  I'm really not sure sure *what* you are
trying to say here, since you didn't include any English with any of this.
It looks like you might be trying to make ome comment about you not being
scared, if ..., but I can't tell what "if" is suppsed to be.  The last part
is equally incomprehensible for me.  Why is <tlhIngan> in quotes?  Are you
referring to living AS a Klingon?  There is a verb for that <Da>, "to act in
the manner of".

chomISmoHbej!

>yuQDaq taH chaH wo''e'. :)

"The Empire they endure to the planet"???

Sorry; I can't make heads or tails of this, either.  {{:(

This is why, when you post under KLBC, that I ask that you include the
English text with your post.  Granted, this was not under KLBC, but the BG
is (generally) responsible for ALL posts that beginners make, be it under
KLBC or no, so...

On the other hand, a large number of people have started to include breif,
non-literal translations of their text at the end of their messages, under
SKI (summary for the Klingon Imparied).

I wish I had understood this better, so I could give you a better response.

--tQ

---
HoD trI'Qal, tlhIngan wo' Duj lIy So' ra'wI'
Captain T'rkal, Commander IKV Hidden Comet (Klingon speaker and net junkie!)
HaghtaHbogh tlhIngan yIvoqQo'!  toH... qatlh HaghtaH Qanqor HoD???
monlI'bogh tlhInganbe' yIvoqQo'!  SoHvaD monlI' trI'Qal...

Back to archive top level