tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Sep 28 13:53:13 1996

An interesting Scrabble idea

96-09-28 12:12:09 EDT, jatlh trI'Qal:

>  On page 50 of your
>  Klingon Dictionary, there is a very stange excpetion to the rule that
>  noun-suffixes always go on nouns... when you have a verb being used as an
>  adjective after a noun on which you desire to put a type 5 noun suffix
[...], it
>  actaully goes ont eh VERB which you are using
>  as an adjective [...]

I just had an interesting thought.  If while playing Klingon Scrabble as we
did at the qep'a' wejDIch, someone found a verb which they could make, and
also noticed that they could add, say, {-Daq} to it, should that be allowed?
 I'm not playing Klingon Scrabble anytime soon, but what if someone wanted to
use {qIjDaq}?  I mean, it's a perfectly legal word when it's preceeded by a
noun, so would it be considered a legal word in its own right?  As long as
there are no other verb suffixes besides {-qu'}, it really is a word!

Any opinions?

SuStel
Stardate 96744.2

Back to archive top level