tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Sep 17 18:51:58 1996

Re: qep'a' highlights

On Tue, 3 Sep 1996 20:43:10 -0700 "Mark E. Shoulson"
<[email protected]> wrote:

[Lots of stuff about using numbers as nouns and treating them as
grammatically singular deleted]

> Aha... this might be fun.  Might be dangerous when Okrand finds out about
> this.  See, I think I'm right (a tautology if ever there was one).  I'll
> even go so far as to say that I think Okrand would agree with me.  HOWEVER,
> I wouldn't put it past him to change his mind when he hears your argument,
> not because he likes what you're arguing (he might, but even if he
> doesn't), but because it would be really weird and make Klingon act even
> odder than it already does.  And in that case, I don't think I'd mind
> much. :)  (not like I'd have a choice.)

DaH qechwIj Dayajchu'! I half had my tongue in cheek when coming up with
this whole idea, but while I was doing that, I realized that there wasn't
really any canon I could find to disprove my unusual idea, and if Okrand
LIKED the idea, he could easily make it so. Hence, the post. And now, I
think you and I both take this argument with equal degrees of seriousness
and wonder.

> ~mark

charghwI'

Back to archive top level