tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Sep 05 14:53:35 1996

Re: Klingonaase

At 06:41 AM 9/5/96 -0700, Alan Anderson wrote:
>I'll disagree with your assertion that different languages cannot
>exist successfully in less than a "world-class population".  How do
>you explain units as small as a single *family* where two languages
>manage to coexist just fine?  *Dialects* will probably disappear in
>a small group of people who speak the same basic language, but entire
>languages don't vanish unless a conscious effort is made to avoid
>speaking them.

What I meant by that was really rhetorical and dramatical. :) What I meant
was that we could not always communicate properly if so many languages and
dialects popped up into existence based on Klingons. We could communicate,
but a lot of the time our efforts would be botched because of
misinterpretation....

>>Besides, tlhIngan Hol is the ***CANON*** language.
>
>It's canon *here*.  After all, this *is* the tlhIngan-Hol mailing list.
>Star Trek canon is whatever Paramount shows on screen.

Well what I meant was that it's canon and Klingonaase is not.

>>yIntaH tlhInganpu' teHqu'jaj.
>
>nuqjatlh?  "Klingons survive; may it be very true."
>That seems awfully wordy for something with {-jaj}.
>(Many places where I see {teH} used, {-bej} seems more appropriate.)

Oh. How about:

yIntaHjaj tlhInganpu'.

vuvnISqu'lu'
http://www.spectranet.ca/~dviper/tlhIngan