tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Sep 04 21:56:52 1996

Re: QetlhIS introduces himself

At 07:35 AM 8/30/96 -0700, Oliver Stoll wrote:
>nuqneH!

pagh.  nuq DaneH SoH??

>I just yesterday subscribed to this mailing list and thought I'd
>quickly introduce myself. My name is QetlhIS. I've been trying to study
>tlhIngan-hol for quite some time but haven't really gotten very far
>(that's why I'm refraining from trying to introduce myself in
>tlhIngan-hol to the protection of your minds ;). I hope that I can find
>some help in learning how to use tlhingan-hol and slowly get accustomed
>to the important terms, since the Klingon Dictionary does give a good
>overview, but I find it extremely hard to try to study the tlhIngan-hol
>from it.

That's what I am here for, although I confess to being behind in answering
my email. {{:/

>One question which I have since quite some time but I didn't find
>something comparable: Is there any list of tlhingan-hol words which
>are sorted in an order which makes more sense memorizing them than in
>alphabetical order (i.e. those for easy communication first and the rest
>after subjects?) That would be a great help.

To my knowledge, no, there is not.

My experiecne with David Barron's postal course has been very, very limited,
but I seem to remember that he has put together words for you to learn in
clumps.  You might want to try that, instead.  He posts fairly often to the
list, and I believe that his .sig file has the info you need to sign up...
that might be a good place to start.

>Thank you for your attention for now and I hope this is becoming a
>fruitful experience.

So do I!  I always enjoy seeing people set out to learn something, and then
*succeeding*!  If I can be of any assistance, I am here to help you! {{:)

>Qapla'!
>
>QetlhIS (Kheltz)

Qapla' yay je!

--tQ

---
HoD trI'Qal, tlhIngan wo' Duj lIy So' ra'wI'
Captain T'rkal, Commander IKV Hidden Comet
Klingon speaker and net junkie!
HaghtaHbogh tlhIngan yIvoqQo'!  toH... qatlh HaghtaH Qanqor HoD???
monlI'bogh tlhInganbe' yIvoqQo'!  SoHvaD monlI' trI'Qal...

Back to archive top level