tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Sep 03 14:59:42 1996

Re: KLBC: jIyajbe'

beHwI"av writes:
[regarding the appropriate use of {-ghach}]
>You can't blame me for not having the HolQeD, as I explained before I can't
>get it...

qapIchHa'meH yapbe' meqqoqvetlh. :-)

HolQeD DaSuqlaHbe'chu''a'?  QI'tu' che' veqlargh vIHarpa'!
KLI Damuvchugh, DaqlIjDaq HolQeD DaHevlaHbej.
rapqu' mIw.  "address" HuchHom je neH DaghajnIS.
lo'laHbogh vay''e' DaHevmeH Huch DaghajnIStaH.
yapbe' HuchwIj yIjatlhchoH vaj qanuQbe' 'e' vInID.

chaq HolQeD DalaDlaHbe', 'ach pIch DaghajtaH!
qaSpu' wa' jar wejlogh <-ghach> QIjlu'chu'.
QaQbej TKD De' 'ach mobbe' TKD.  law' De' Halmey.
jabbI'IDghomDaq je De' lI' tu'lu'.  yIqIm!

"KLBC" jabbI'ID Dajangpu'mo' bIQaghpu' 'e' DachID.  maj.
loQ batlh DaSuqqa'.  loQ. :-)

...mughwI' yIchu'...engaging universal translator...

Sorry, it's not going to be *that* easy for me to forgive you. :-)

You "can't get" HolQeD?  I don't believe it for a minute.  It's
trivially simple to join the KLI and receive HolQeD by mail anywhere
on the planet.  All it takes is a mailing address and the obligatory
"small sum" of money that is required in order for one to receive just
about *anything* of value in this world.  Say rather that you can't
*afford* to get HolQeD, and I'll try not to harass you about it.

However, not having access to HolQeD doesn't absolve you of blame
anyway!  Looking through the recent archives of this mailing list, I
find no fewer than *three* other occasions in the last month where the
question of how and when to use {-ghach} was appropriately answered.
As I said at the end of my earlier post on this subject, you appear to
need to pay more attention to what is said on this list in addition to
what is written in TKD.

Okay, you admitted that you erred by answering in the first place.
That counts for something. :-)

Alan Anderson              Delco Electronics
{ghunchu'wI'}       Remanufacturing Services
        Test Equipment System Software Group

Back to archive top level