tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Sep 01 11:33:03 1996

Re: KLBC - help on a few phrases

96-08-31 23:18:14 EDT, jatlh trI'Qal:

> >Only in space can you fall off the floor.
>  >ravvo' bIpum'eghlaHmeH loghDaq SoHnIStaH

>          ravvo' bIpumlaHmeH, loghDaq bISaHnIStaH

This looks pretty good, actually.

>  I would like it even better if you could do this with a -taHvIS
>  construction, but I don't think you can use <neH> that way...
>
>          ?loghDaq bISaHtaHvIS, ravvo' bIpumlaH neH?
>
>  In fact, I'm pretty sure you can't... any of the re-cast experts have a
>  better way to put this?

I think you can use {neH}, but I don't think it works there.  Why not
{loghDaq neH bISaHtaHvIS ravvo' bIpumlaH}?

SuStel
Stardate 96670.0

Back to archive top level