tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Nov 25 15:59:11 1996

RE: KLBC: nuq

jatlh HurghwI':

>  >>  chay' "should" jatlhlu'?
>  >nuq Daja' DaneH'a'?  rut mughlu'meH, <-nIS> jatlhlu'.  'ach rut jaS
jatlhlu'.
>  >wa' mu' neH yImughQo'!
>
>  "I should send thank-you-notes." vIngeHnISbe'.

nuqjatlh?!?

>  qatlh rut <<jaS>> vIjatlh?
>  wa' mu' neH vImughbe', 'ach qech naQ ghajbe'law' tlhIngan Hol.

Okay, I'll explain in English.  I'm not going to tell you "this is how you
translate the word 'should' into Klingon."  How you translate it will depend
on the situation and context.  (I didn't put the word {jaS} in brackets for a
reason: it wasn't a quote, it meant "Sometimes someone will say it
differently.")

There isn't always a one-for-one correspondence between how you say something
in Klingon and how you say it in English.  Communicate, don't just translate.

SuStel
Beginners' Grammarian
Stardate 96903.4

Back to archive top level