tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Nov 20 06:56:44 1996

Statements for book.

          On November 19, 1996 I received the following reply:

          Qo'!  moHchu' mu'meyvam DuDlu'bogh!  Holmey yIchevtaH!

          I refuse to take macaronic Klinglish seriously.

          -- ghunchu'wI'

Now granted I will agree that the way I presented it here on the list is
different then I intend to present it in my book.  I plan on having a
section called terminology that would go something like this:

Terminology

Great Teacher  -    ghojmoHwI''a'
Teacher	  -    ghojmoHwI'
Asst. Teacher	-     ghojmoHwI'Hom

Student	  -    ghojwI'
Senior Student      -    DevwI'
Junior Student	-    tlha'wI'

Sparring	 -    qeq SuvmeH

Then I will be having a section describing customs.

When two students are ready to spar the Senior Student makes the following
inquiry:
     choSuvrup'a'
This means "Are you prepared to fight me?"

The Junior Student then issues the following reply when ready:
     qaSuvrup
This means "I am prepared to fight you!"  Immediately after this reply is
issued fighting begins.

I would like to thank the BG for the suggestions.  It was just the way I
was trying to present the Ideas in this list not how I am writing it in the
book.   I will try to avoid macraonic Klingish again.  I have looked at
your suggestion also to using  tuSuvrup'a' instead of choSuvrup'a'.
However since I am only speaking in terms of two people I need cho instead
of tu which is the plural you.  I have made the modification to make this a
little more clearer.

may'Daq boHeghjaj
may'qal ro' - ghojmoHwI'

Back to archive top level