tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Nov 19 08:51:21 1996

Re: RE: KLBC a phrase about Honor

> > The collection of words from {veS QonoS} includes the medical term
> > {tuj muvwI'} "thermo-suture", literally "heat's joiner."  From this,
> > it looks like {muv} can be used transitively, with a meaning similar
> > to {tay'moH}.
>
> What is {veS QonoS}?  Is it Okrandian canon?  Because if it is, I'm worried.

It *was* a Klingon fanzine and according to the guy who published it these
new words *are* Okrandian canon.

....<poD>....

> I'm not sure what my point is here, except that it seems that Okrand has
> lost his original inspiration for Klingon, and his choices are making it
> more and more like English as he goes along.

Interesting observation/analysis but I, for one, won't make it a real
problem.

> -- ter'eS

DaraQ
--
 David Barron,  [email protected] ||       Hoch lup yIyInqu'
 Klingon Language Postal Course      ||       qaStaHvIS wa' lup

Back to archive top level