tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Nov 14 20:17:18 1996

RE: KLBC

jatlh 'aDam:

>  SuStel,
>  chay' bImoj pab'wI'a'

Careful of your word ordering!  The subject is "you," the verb is "become,"
and the object is (or should be) "Beginners' Grammarian."  Klingon sentences
are of the form OBJ - VERB - SUBJ, so you need to say

chay' taghwI'pu' pabpo' Damoj'a'?

Note that the {-'a'} (interrogative) suffix goes on the verb.  Also, since
there is an object, you have to use the correct verb prefix: subj: you / obj:
it.  {Da-}

The (semi-official, I think) translation of the position I'm serving as right
now is {taghwI'pu' pabpo'}.

>  how did u get to be gramarrian?
>  write me both in tlhIngan Hol and Enlish,

DaH tlhIngan Hol vIlo'.

*ghunchu'wI'* ghaH taghwI'pu' pabpo''e'.
qaSlaw'taHvIS wa' tera' DIS vumtaH.
po'qu'.
'ach Doy'choHpu'.
leSnISbej.
vaj jatlhlaw' *trI'Qal* <taghwI'pu' pabpo' jIHpu'.>
<jItoy'qangqa'.>
vaj taghwI'pu' pabpo' moj *trI'Qal*.
qaStaHvIS tera' jar puS taghwI'pu' pabpo' DataH *trI'Qal*.
Do'Ha' Qu' law'vaD vum 'ej QIt tlhIngan Hol jabbI'IDmey jangtaH.
patlhvaD vumlaHbe'taH *trI'Qal*.
qaStaHvIS tera' Hogh puS taghwI'pu' QaHtaH ~mark neH.
vaj mutlhob ~mark <taghwI'pu' pabpo' Damojqang'a'?>
<Qatlh Qu'.>
<poH yab Daghajlaw'.>
<DaneH'a'?>
jIjang <HIja'.>
<jIQaH vIneH.>
<Qu' vIta'laH 'e' vIHar.>
vaj taghwI'pu' pabpo' vImoj!

Now I'll use English (I'll translate my ideas, not my words):

ghunchu'wI' was the Beginners' Grammarian.
He worked for (I think) one Earth year.
He was very good at it.
However, he'd become very tired.
He really needed to rest.
So, I guess trI'Qal said "I've been the Beginners' Grammarian before.
"I'm willing to serve again."
Therefore, trI'Qal became the Beginners' Grammarian.
trI'Qal acted as the Beginners' Grammarian for several Earth months.
Unfortunately, she was working on many things and was answering Klingon
messages slowly.
trI'Qal couldn't continue to do the job for this position.
For a few Earth weeks, only ~mark was helping the beginners.
Therefore, he asked me, "Are you willing to become the Beginners' Grammarian?
"It'll be a difficult job.
"You seem to have enough time.
"Do you want it?"
I answered, "Yes.
"I want to help.
"I believe I can do the job."
So, I became the Beginners' Grammarian!

Hoch, lutvam vIqonta', vaj pelaD 'ej peghoj!  mujang neHchugh vay' vaj
tlhIngan Hol yIjatlh!

Qapla'!

SuStel
BG