tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Nov 05 09:53:13 1996

Re: KLBC - Trick or Treat

On 31 Oct 96 at 16:47, Alan Anderson wrote:

> >know,do u really know the language or just looking
> >at the dictionary like I do...
>
> Lots of us know the grammar well.  Many of us know enough vocabulary
> to read and write simple tlhIngan Hol sentences without resorting to
> looking things up in the dictionary.  Some of us can carry on rather
> protracted conversations using only the knowledge we carry around in
> our heads.  A couple of us (not me, alas) can write epic poems
> without even being in the same country as a copy of The Klingon
> Dictionary. :)

Well, I'm somewhere between stage one and two in the above list (at
least, I was before getting out of touch with Klingon and this list
for some time), and I hope to get to two. Stage three would be funny,
but not necessary per se. ;-)

Qapla'
peSHIr

Jarno Peschier, [email protected], 2:2802/247.5@Fido, 162:100/100.2@Agora,
     74:3108/101.5@QuaZie, 27:2331/201.5@SigNet, 606:3130/200.2@F1-net
           'avwI' nejDI' narghta'bogh qama' reH 'avwI' Sambej

Back to archive top level