tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri May 31 16:35:15 1996

Re: KLBC: warrior

At 10:07 PM 28/5/96 -0700, you wrote:
>In a message dated 96-05-28 19:47:11 EDT, beHwI"av wrote:
>
>[>ghunchu'wI' wrote:]
>>>The intentional misuse of possessive suffixes doesn't strike me as a
>>>very effective way to insult someone.  I just see it as a bad use of
>>>the language; it takes attention away from the meaning of the words.
>>
>>In the post about the eyebrows, you noted that it was O.K. to use the suffix
>>in that manner. Is it then solely because I used it as an insult that it is
>>wrong?
>
>You mean you *meant* to talk about eyebrows scattered all about which are
>capable of using language?   :-)

Sorry SuStel, I think you've got me wrong, I was using a type 4 noun suffix
to insult someone, but in an earlier post ghunchu'wI' had specified that
using it in a comical sence was O.K., I was confused that it could not be
used as a insult. I never made any attempt to talk about eyebrows scattered
all about which are capable of using language, thus you meant not me 'twas
another.

Qapla'

beHwI"av

Back to archive top level