tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun May 26 19:05:12 1996

Re: KLBC: betleHmey....

~mark writes:
>>>*Britain*Daq maH..... Do'Ha'.
>
>>[...There is no justification
>>for putting adverbials anywhere after the verb, even for emphasis.]
>
>Ah, but adverbials *can* be used as exclamations (see TKD), thus this is an
>adverbial use of Do'Ha' as a separate sentence: We are in Britain.  Bummer.

Yeah, I guess if I'm going to interpret the ellipsis as a sentence separator
in order to make "it is unfortunate" a sentence all by itself, I must permit
a similar interpretation of {Do'Ha'} as an exclamatory adverb all by itself.
(That little paragraph at the end of TKD 5.4 is easy to miss, though.)