tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri May 24 13:31:11 1996

Re: KLBC: How long have we been learning?

According to Mark J. Reed:

> [email protected] writes:
> \ We know how to ask {How much fuel do we have?}
> \ How do we ask {How long have we been learning Klingon?}
>
> \ {How long have we been learning Klingon?}
> This one translates nicely to a quantitative question:
> qaStaHvIS poH 'ar tlhIngan Hol wIghoj?

I'd probably use {DIS} or some other specific period of time
rather than {poH}. Remember: A Klingon MAY be inaccurate, but
he is NEVER appROXimate!

> \ {How well-cooked is the food?}
> I suspect that in most cases where you would ask this question, a
> simple {vutchu''a' Soj?} would do the trick.  If you really care about
> exactly how cooked the food is, then you can do that aforementioned Bad
> Thing:
> {vutchu'ghach 'ar ghaj Soj?}  "How much well-cookedness does the food have?"

wejpuH.

Sojqoqvam DameQpu''a'? yIntaH'a' 'oH? qaStaHvIS tup 'ar Sojvam
DapubmoH?

> But how would you answer that question?

That is exactly why that version of the question is gibberish.
My versions are answered by yes/no or a number of minutes.

> \ {How red is the blood?}
> Again, how would you answer the question, once asked?  Maybe you
> could make it multiple choice instead of asking for a range:
>
> {Doq'a' 'Iw?  Doq?  DoqHa'?}

Doqbe''a' 'Iw? loQ Doq'a'? Doqqu''a'? Doqbej'a'? Doqchu''a'?
SuD'a'?

> --
> Mark J. Reed                     |             http://www.sware.com
> Email: [email protected]  |  HP Internet/System Security Lab
> Voice: +1 404 648 9535           |      2957 Clairmont Rd Suite 220
> Fax  : +1 404 315 6407           |        Atlanta GA 30329-1647 USA

charghwI'
--
reH lugh charghwI' net Sov.

Back to archive top level