tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri May 24 07:14:28 1996

Re: roommate for qep'a' wejDich

On 18 May 96 at 15:35, Alan Anderson wrote:

> beHwI"av writes:
> >ghitlh 'etlhqengwI':
> > >pIj loD be' je chevbe' tlhIngan Hol 'e' vIHar.

> >"I believe that the Klingon language doesn't seperate men and women often."
>
> You caught the meaning pretty well, but I'd have translated it with the
> word "often" somewhere else.  "It doesn't do it often" has a different
> emphasis than "It often doesn't do it", and I think the second meaning
> is more what the Klingon sentence is trying to say.

Actually, "It doesn't do it often" was more what I wanted to say
when I wrote that.  (And I *was* attempting to be humorous.) Either
is "correct", but would you have suggested a different structure to
emphasize the placement?

'etlhqengwI'

Garrett Michael Hayes
Client/Server Labs; 8601 Dunwoody Place, Suite 332,  Atlanta, GA 30350
[email protected],  http://www.cslinc.com; 770-552-3646 x243 voice, 770-993-4667 fax
(Opinions expressed are my own and may not be those of Client/Server Labs, LLC)

Back to archive top level