tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu May 23 19:09:30 1996

Re: KLBC: QonoS

ghItlh toQDoq:
>My fault. I should have included my english phrase that I wanted to say
>underneath each line.

This would certainly be a good idea.

>What I intended to say was "I write this journal so that I will become
>excellent in progree with the Klingon Language."

"progree"?  Anyway:
{tlhIngan Hol vIjatlhtaHvIS jIpo'choHmeH QonoSvam vIghItlh}
"I write this journal in order to become skilled while I am speaking Klingon."

>What I meant to say is "Speaking and writing clearly seems hard, but
>perfection comes nearer certainly because of toil!"

"Speaking" and "writing" are unusual words in tlhIngan Hol.  How about:

{Qatlhqu'law' jatlhwI' Qu', 'ach Qu'mo' pupchoHlI'.}
"A speaker's task seems very difficult, but he becomes excellent due
to the task."

>Again I wanted to say: "I intend to learn the Klingon Language as soon as
>possible.  My journal plays a [definate] great part in this."

I'll try it nearly literally:
{tlhIngan Hol vIghoj 'e' vIHech DuHDI'.  Qu'vamvaD potlhqu' QonoSwIj.}

>Thanks in helping me learn this language :)

qay'be'.  reH jIQaHqang.