tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed May 22 04:21:47 1996

Forwarded mail....

Forwarded Message:
From: Rob. [nuqHm] Newcombe <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 22 May 1996 12:20:27 BST
To: [email protected]
Cc: RE: ;

Just a quick, passing thought (this is what happens when insomnia attacks and you're up
all night !) , how about the Type 6 verb suffix " law' " - "seems. apparent".

I'm sorry if I have missed a bit of the recent thread of debate, but isn't this a consonant
cluster ?

*aw* is given in TKD as an example of an unusual pronunciation just after the
pronunciation guide for vowels, but in its self is not stated to be a "compound vowel"
(Newcombe word !).

The affix is repeated throughout the book and I think (from memory) in the new suffix guide,
so it can not be a typo !

Qapla' nuqHm

Back to archive top level