tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon May 20 17:51:32 1996

Re: qaSpa' qep'a' jIlIH'eghnIS

>Before I have the privilege of meeting some of you at the qep'a' wejDIch, I
>should introduce myself properly.  Since I've not yet done this, I will do so
>now.  I thought it might be rude of me to just show up, and leave people
>wondering what kind of (insert your favorite curse word here) is this.

qaSovqang.  bIDel'eghmo' qaHoy'.

>ghomvam vItu'mo' jIQuchqu'.  mutlho' vay' <merci bo-qu>.

[It's beyond my duties to complain about the spelling of French words. :) ]

>Holveth vISovbe'mo' vIjang <qay'  be'>.

<Holvetlh> DaghItlhHa'pu'.  I *will* point out misspelled *Klingon* words.

>jIHvaD jatlh "Check out the World Wide Web."  toH vIta'.

<toH vIta'> vIyajbe'.  "Aha! I accomplished it."  What did you mean?

>On the subject of names, my real name is Linda Hunnefield.  My Klingon name
>is qoro'nIn (or Koronin).  This is a good name for a Klingon female, and I
>like it a lot.  It also looks quite good in the KLIpIqaDmey, in my opinion,
>anyway.  You may refer to Vonda N. McIntyre's book, entitled Enterprise The
>First Adventure.

Are you Rumaiy, or just your name?  I'd like to find out if I'll recognize
you by your unfastened veil.

>muDelchu' qa'vIn tlhutlhwI'.

Some canon quotation marks would sure be a great thing to have...

>qa'vIn HIvje' tInqu' vIlo'.  cha'maH *ounces* ngaS.

A slight nit-pick: I read {ngaS} as "*does* contain"; for this shade of
meaning I would have said {ngaSlaH} "can contain".

>qa'vIn vItlhutlh law' Hoch qa'vIn tlhutlh puS.  (Recently, I got the
>most votes from my co-workers in the category, "Drinks the most coffee.)

This isn't quite grammatically correct.  The {law'/puS} formula can only
compare nouns by using "stative" verbs, and you've put complete sentences
in it instead.  You can remedy this by choosing an appropriate comparison
verb and putting the verbs into relative clauses using the suffix {-bogh}:
{qa'vIn vItlhutlhbogh law' law' qa'vIn'e' tlhutlhbogh Hoch law' puS}
This comes out something like "The coffee which I drink is more numerous
than the coffee which is drunk by all."  {law'} isn't an obvious verb to
use here, but I think it's correct.

>ghItlhwIjDaq Qaghmey Daleghchugh, HIja'vIpQo'.  may'meywIjvo' jIHaw'be'.

batlh may'meylIj DaSuvba'.  QuvlIjDaq yIH tu'be'lu'jaj.