tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon May 20 02:31:56 1996

KLBC: QonoS

nuqneH Hoch!!

This is my first try at writing tlhIngan Hol, so, please be gentle :)
I have taken the idea of keeping a journal, and correcting it when I receive
the corrections from you.
The things in {brackets} are the lines or words I wish to query)
Well... here goes...

QonoS May cha'vethDIch, wa'SaD Hutvatlh HutnaH jav {1}.
        jIghItlh QonoSvan vajvetlh luq moj pov tlhIngan HollI'.
jatlhwI' ghItlhwI'chu {2} letlaw', 'ach pupchol vumbejmo'!
jIHech tlhIngan Hol ghojDI' DuH.  QonoSwIj reH Dunna' {3} Qu'vamvaD.

toQDoq {4}

{1} I was trying to get a correct way to write 1996.  However, I didn't
think it was written as either it was spoken in English or Klingon.  Klingon
numbers are written in ways like ten and one.  Thus I didn't think ninteen
nintey six could be written in Klingon, so I went for the long version of
how it is put together (specifically being 1000 900 90 and 6).  If there is
a simpler way of doing so I would like to know, otherwise I will omit the
whole part for expediency.  Is there also a word for the human month of May?
I couldn't find one so I had to subsitute the English version in lieu of no
comprable word.

{2} I wanted to add wI' on the end of 'speak' and 'write' to try to achieve
'speaking' and 'writing', but I think this may turn out to be 'speaker' and
'writer' instead, just like baHwI' means "gunner" instead of "gunning".  I
hope the point I wish to make in that line is given as correct as possible.

{3} I am pretty damn sure that word is wrong.  When translated it means
"definately great" or a great role in other words.  However, when combined
with {Qu'vamvaD} it was written, It looked to me like "a definately great
chore for this" when I meant "a great role for this chore".

{4} The name I take.  It is as close as Redhawk as I am going to get :)

Thanks to the person who made k3.exe program on the ftp site.  I would wish
to use Kview and tlh2piq.exe, but I don't know what they do.  I downloaded
them to see what they would achive.  I saw the pIqaD font in the incomming
section of the main directory, but I could not download it because I didn't
have access.  Is there some way I could get access so i could download it?

Thanking you greatfully from a very very new tlhIngan Hol speaker/writer.

Qapla'!!!

toQDoq

P.S. (I have substituted Doq for Duq, as I was in erratum as you pointed out
before)
Here's to being not-so warped as before :)
>From Redhawk: The one who has an angel called Amanda in his heart...
  "Remember when you said "Mine?" and I said "Forever!" You said "Only Forever?"
==========="Forever... And ever..." - The Crow by James O'Barr============

Back to archive top level