tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat May 18 15:29:53 1996

Re: roommate for qep'a' wejDich

beHwI"av writes:
>>pIj loD be' je chevbe' tlhIngan Hol 'e' vIHar.
>            ^^^^
>I'm starting to see the light please indulge and correct me.
>
>"I believe that the Klingon language doesn't seperate men and women often."

You caught the meaning pretty well, but I'd have translated it with the
word "often" somewhere else.  "It doesn't do it often" has a different
emphasis than "It often doesn't do it", and I think the second meaning
is more what the Klingon sentence is trying to say.

>Wouldn't {je} be between {be'} and {loD} or am I missing something important?

TKD 5.3: "The conjunctions joining nouns come after the final noun."
{loD be' je} is correct.