tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat May 18 11:37:41 1996

Re: KLBC:Name that Song

Ford writes:
>mughmeywIj vIghaj:

{mugh} is a verb; we don't know that it can be used as a noun "translation".
As a general practice, if I find I want to say something using an English
noun that exists only as a verb in Klingon, I restate the idea using the
verb.  Instead of "I have my translations," I'd say "I translated these
words."  {mu'meyvam vImugh}

>jo' QIHvaD peQeHqu'
>" (you plural) rage for the destruction of the machine! "

Pretty good.
I might try {jo' QIHmeH peQeHqu'} "Rage in order to destroy the machinery."

>pagh:
>
>jo' Qaw'bogh QeH'a'
>" Rage (noun) which destroys the machine. "

This could also be translated "machinery which is destroyed by rage".  You
can topicalize the subject with the suffix {-'e'} in order to make explicit
the meaning you intend: {jo' Qaw'bogh QeH'a''e'}.

>cha'DIch wa'DIch joq lajlu' 'e' vISovbe',
>'ach QaQ bIH 'e' vIQub.

jIQochbe'.  beH vIlaj.  QaQ cha'.