tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat May 11 22:22:41 1996

Doq'a' SuvwI'?

wovwI asks:

>Speaking of jokes, can anyone think of any pun or double entendre
>that makes. <Doq'a' SuvwI'.  ghobe' SuD> the least bit amusing?

My two cents is that there's a very straightforward double entendre here. SuD
also means "to take a risk, to gamble." Argal: Are warriors red? No! They're
green (risk takers).

In the right frame of mind, this is actually a very bon mot.

--
A Frenchman once observed to me:       Nick Nicholas. PhD student,
On the edge of the Rubicon             Linguistics, University of Melbourne.

Back to archive top level