tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat May 11 10:17:17 1996

RE: Differences ...

>No. I was wondering why John M Ford didn't use Orkand's klingon
>words, because they are supposed to BE in tlhingan-Hol.
>Anyway, I just saw that difference and was curious if it had a
>motive or not.

Well, no they're not supposed to be tlhIngan-Hol.  The language John M. Ford
uses is called Klingonaase and he made it up.  Marc Okrand created tlhIngan
Hol *LONG* after the Final Reflection was printed.  2 creators; 2 languages.
They just happen to be spoken by the same group of individuals.

Inventing a handful of words for a book is *not* the same as inventing a language.
I'm not aware that John Ford did more than invent words he needed for his book.
Did he do more?  Does anyone actually *know* if he did more or is this all
idle speculation.

HetaQ

application/ms-tnef

Back to archive top level