tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat May 11 04:14:10 1996

Re: KLBC: naDev jIH tu'lu'

At 03:39 PM 4/29/96 -0700, you wrote:
>In a message dated 96-04-29 14:23:22 EDT, ~mark wrote:

>It's too bad that many of us can pronounce Klingon better than most Klingons
>we've seen.  I'm sure we all have funny Terran accents which we're not aware
>of and have no way of discovering!  For example, I also pronounce {ghajjaj}
>as {ghaj jaj}, but WHAT IF Klingons really DO pronounce it {ghajaj}?

I haven't got a funny Terran accent!

If you want to get away from double glottle stops and double lettering, try,
as I do, to breathin on the second while pronouncing it, that way you hear
the letter/stop softly, indicating th difference.

What do you think about pronouncing my name?

Qapla

beHwI"av (Daniel, my Klingon name smart-alec!)

Back to archive top level