tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue May 07 19:42:13 1996

Re: How Do I Get Off This List

tevram writes:
>I helped a friend unsubscribe from a list that said she wasn't subscribed.
>Her e-mail address had to be in quotation marks
>
>        ie, unsubscribe "address"  *NOT*
>
>            unsubscribe address
>
>Could this be the problem?

Not likely -- when talking to ListProcessor, the thing that goes after the
word "unsubscribe" in the message is the *list* name, not the email address.

I checked the "recipients" list for a couple of the people who complain
that they can't unsubscribe because the list says they aren't subscribed,
and the address they posted from matches the address the list has on file
for them.  At this point, I suspect that either ListProcessor is having a
fit or the people trying to unsubscribe are misspelling the list name.

Pay attention, folks -- it's TLHINGAN-HOL.  The first four letters are
tee-ell-aitch-eye.  It's easy to misplace the aitch after the tee, and
a lot of people can't see a difference on their screens between capital
eye and lowercase ell.