tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu May 02 08:17:56 1996

Hobbies + KLBC

You think you guys (and guy-esses) have problems explaining that you are
honourably learning tlhIngan Hol - I work in a student bar !

Half the punters (I'd like a translation of "PUNTER" - as in customer, but
slightly more patronizing please !), think that I'm a total BOZO, and the
other half ARE total bozos !

OK - now for the KLBC bit...

chom jIH	- I'm a bartender

chomghojwI' jIH	- I'm a student bartender (ambiguous - I'm a student and a
		   bartender and/or I'm a bartender in a student bar)

I'm sure this is OK...

wa' HIq HInob !	- Give me a beer !

Now for what I tend to use at 11:20 p.m. ...

naDevvo' yIghoS	- <excuse me is I paraphrase> - You (singular) Bugger Off
						Home !

and...

naDevvo' peghoS - <ditto but plural BOZO PUNTERS !>

Oddly enough, the last two seem to work !

Qapla' nuqHm (still looking for a better name !)

Back to archive top level