tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed May 01 19:15:02 1996

Re: New words in HolQeD 5.1

David Barron writes:
>I am assuming that these new words in HolQeD are
>all nouns. But my big question is in the word
>{lopno'} /party.  Noun, right?

Since the verb {lop} "celebrate" would carry the meaning of "party"
as a verb, I also guess that {lopno'} is a noun.  But there are the
slightly ambiguous {vItHay'} and {nalqaD} and the perhaps ambiguous
{chontay}.  {botjan yIchu'} is the only one of the bunch that most
certainly is *not* a noun -- it's a complete sentence.  I guess we
have to "participate in" the CD-ROM in order to find out for sure.