tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Mar 30 17:15:16 1996

Re:KLBC Re: KLBC: van & more

Suvan tlhIngan Hol jatlhwI'pu' 'ej qavan tlhIngan Hol pabwI'  --
 with a hole in my head.

I used the suffix -qu' in my previous salutation to give the sort of emphasis
that an exclamation mark might give in a Terran language. I thought perhaps
it would be more gramatically correct. The use of qa' (all around) was a big
flub on my part.

The program I've got in the works is really more of a database for the
dictionary. It's a little quicker than flipping through the book. Still could
use that addendum to the addendum if anybody has it...

The proverb was my own fabrication. Perhaps a bit presumptious, but I've been
itching to try & compose something in tlhIngan Hol.  In the first line, I was
trying to use the Paleo-Klingon numerical system (3 X 3 + 1). Perhaps I
should have stuck a "je" in there. If there are other problems with grammar,
spelling, let me know. Please! :-)

By the way, I've enrolled in the postal course, so hopefully my grammar will
improve. I will try to remain a little more reserved until such time.

Qapla'
C4

Back to archive top level