tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Mar 18 19:10:43 1996

Re: Song in WOTW

>        Does anyone know the words to the song Worf and the
>drunk Klingon sang in Way of the Warrior Part 1 (DS9)??  I listened to it
>about 50 times and can't translate 75 percent of it.  The
>pronunciation was horrid (you all understand).  Anyway, if it's
>not a serious breach of copyright laws, could someone post it?
>        (In Hol, preferably...I *DO* like to work on translations!)

I came up with this after listening to it only about 20 times, but I
had at least a little idea where it was coming from.

    'ej HumtaH 'ej DechtaH 'Iw
    'ej Doq SoDtaH ghoSpa' *Sqral bIQtIq
    'e' pa' jaj law' mo' jaj puS
    jaj qeylIS molar mIgh HoHchu'

According to the novelization of the episode, it means something like:

    And the blood was ankle deep,
    And the river Skral ran crimson red
    That day above all days when Kahless
    Slew the evil Molar dead!