tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Mar 12 15:53:46 1996

RE: KLBC-double-object verbs

According to Teresa Wells:
>>...I can't for the life
>>of me come up with a way to say, for example, "I give him the book."

Blaine Bachman (usurping my position) answers:
>I'll take a stab...
>
>ghaHDaq paq vInob
>
>ghaHDaq        to him (TKD 3.3.5)
>paq       book
>vInob          I give it (TKD 4.1.1)

charghwI' already explained both the "standard" way and the "shorthand"
using the "wrong" [:-)] verb prefix, but he didn't give references.
In section 6.8 of the Addendum (page 180), we see exactly how to say this:

{yaSvaD taj nobpu' qama'} "The prisoner gave the officer the knife."