tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Mar 09 17:10:12 1996

RE: bat'leth

How is it written?
bat'leth
batlh'etlh
..

Hegh batlh!

Daniel

-----------

Do you mean the weapon with long curved blades and three hand grips?

It's [betleH].

[batlh'etlh] would appear to be a compound noun or some such thing and
mean 'sword of honor' or 'honorable sword'.   It is not, in my understanding, the
*name* of the weapon in question although it has been used as a description of the
[betleH].

Please help me out on this one Lawrence.  I remember asking you about this at
KlingCon.  Why is [betleH] not generally used and, to my knowledge, only once correctly
pronounced on a DS9 episode.

HetaQ
(Chet Braun)

application/ms-tnef