tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Mar 06 07:40:50 1996

Re: time

On Wed, 6 Mar 1996, Lord Havelock Sinister wrote:

> > >Does anybody have a problem with {tlhaq De' HInob!}?
>
> Yes!
>
> > or even just
> >
> > tlhaq!
>
> Or even just
>
> poH!

Well, looks like we've come full-circle.  This whole discussion started
with a discussion of why /poH/ is inadequate.  It doesn't refer to "time"
this way; it refers to a *period of* time.  The past two years.  From now
to lunchtime.  Every day from now until I die.  We don't have any
evidence that it can refer to a point in time, as would be necessary
here.  Perhaps that evidence will be forthcoming; perhaps we're skinning
the wrong targ.

> Alex

--Holtej

Back to archive top level