tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jul 28 13:01:16 1996

Re: syntax

ghItlh taDI'oS:
>> *Win95 generic opening* moj klingon.jpg,
>> *Please wait* moj trefoil.jpg, *You can turn off* moj empire.jpg
>
>Shouldn't these sentences be the other way 'round?  i.e. <klingon.jpg moj
>*Win95
>generic opening*>  I'm not criticizing, I'm asking, I really don't know.

They look right to me the way they are.
{*Please wait* moj trefoil.jpg} "trefoil.jpg becomes *Please wait*"

I can see what you're thinking, though; it depends on how you take
the word "become".  I use it as "the graphics file becomes the screen,"
but it's possible to interpret it as "the screen becomes this image."