tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jul 25 02:02:11 1996

Re: philosophy - I think, therefore I am.

  Jeremy Cowan <[email protected]> wrote:-
> ... a Klingon mind, something either exists, or it doesn't. There's no
> discussion to be had. ...

And, as I explained before, sometimes it is of very practical importance
whether some object exists or not and therefore there needs to be a way to say
simply and directly that object X exists or that it doesn't exist (e.g. if X
is a rumoured remote planet alleged to contain big mineral deposits). {X
tu'lu'} = "one finds X" has been suggested: but X existing is not the same as
someone discovering it.

Back to archive top level