tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jul 24 07:19:43 1996

Re: some homophonies

>the captain says "I told you, engine only!"  In Klingon, this was
>originally, "qama'pu' jonta' neH!" (ma' being the word for "say" at that
>time).  Unfortunately, they diddled some dialogue after the shoot, and

I thought the funniest thing was the way he changed {ma'} to mean
"accomodate".  Thus {qama'pu'} = "I have accomodated you", perhaps to
indicate that Dr. Okrand accomodated the producers (or someone else).

 dave yeung
{toD Duj 'oH toDuj'e'}
Courage is a ship to the rescue

Back to archive top level