tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jul 23 09:09:23 1996

Re: God's Name

>Date: Mon, 22 Jul 1996 14:02:51 -0700
>From: Dixon <[email protected]>

>I agree with this. In my opinion though why not put Jesus Christ in Klingon
>and disregard "God" it is an apparent general term. But the next question is
>how would you write "Jesus Christ"?

That's an awfully Christian-centric view.  What about all through the
Hebrew Bible, which is as much (if not more) a Jewish text as a Christian
one?  Not everyone calls God "Jesus" (or Jesus "God"), and not even
everyone who considers the Bible a holy text does so.

~mark

Back to archive top level