tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jul 16 09:20:58 1996

Re: a bunch of {neH}s

On Fri, 12 Jul 1996, Alan Anderson wrote:

> dave yeung "writes":
> >nobDaj neH neH neH neH neH vaj nob parHa'bogh nob
>
> He just wants merely to want only his gift, so he gives a gift which he likes.
> Or something like that. :-)

Yeah, something like that. :)
I was just trying to stuff a whole bunch of {neH}s into a sentence.
Okay, let's say the giver is male and the receiver is female, to
distinguish the two.

{nobDaj neH} only his gift
{nobDaj neH neH} she wants only his gift
{nobDaj neH neH neH} she merely/just wants only his gift
{nobDaj neH neH neH neH} he wants her to merely want only his gift
{nobDaj neH neH neH neH neH} he just wants her to... etc.

{vaj nob parHa'bogh nob} so he gave her something so wanted
Actually I could have used {vaj nob neHbogh nob}... even better. :)

The sentence has no meaning, I was just trying to see if I could make a
grammatically correct sentence with a bunch of {neH}s in it.

> -- ghunchu'wI'               batlh Suvchugh vaj batlh SovchoH vaj
I really like that.  Dochvam vIparHa'qu'!

 dave yeung

Back to archive top level